Updated 5th January 2021
We are open and operating in accordance with guidance set out from the UK government. Due to the current coronavirus situation we’ve adjusted how we offer our services, please read below for more information.
What services are we offering?
Currently any of our customers who wish to get in touch to book a survey can still do so. We ask that all survey requests are sent via the website ‘book a survey’ form to their respective closest branch. Please be patient in getting a response from us as we are operating with fewer staff than usual. Where possible a survey will be carried out but the safety of our surveyors and customers will come first.
Any customer who is looking to have work carried out should email their local branch. It is then down to the discretion of the branch as to whether they deem it safe and possible to carry out the work. All of our operatives use appropriate PPE and have been trained on maintaining social distancing as well as minimising the risk of any cross-contamination.
Prokil must be informed if there are any individuals at a property who are currently showing symptoms of Covid-19 or are in self-isolation.
What to expect when booking a damp or timber survey
- When booking a survey you may be asked some additional questions to ensure a duty of care to our staff entering the property. You will be asked if anyone residing in the property has any symptoms of COVID-19 or if they are self-isolating. If this is the case we will not attend the property and will book another appointment on completion of any self-isolation period.
- We will notify you of our customer guidelines which we request are followed during the survey or completion of any work.
What to expect during a damp or timber survey
Our surveyor will:
- Be wearing a mask when inside your property
- Will maintain 2m social distancing
- Will not require any paperwork to be signed or exchanged
When a Prokil Surveyor or Operative attends your property please follow the below customer guidelines:
- When the front door is opened please stand well back to allow our operative/surveyor to enter with minimal crowding.
- Please ensure there are minimal people present in the property whilst we attend
- Please adhere to social distancing whilst we attend
- Please wear a mask if you are able to
- Please open doors and windows where possible to allow for air circulation
We thank you for your patience whilst we are in this challenging time and look forward to resuming our usual levels of business as soon as possible.