Mould mites are tiny insects that are commonly found in areas with high humidity and dampness, such as homes and buildings with mould problems. They are often associated with mould growth because they feed on the fungi that grow on damp surfaces.
Mould mites are very small, measuring only about 0.3 mm in length. They are usually white or light-coloured, with elongated bodies and long legs. They are not harmful to humans and do not bite or spread disease, but their presence can be a sign of an underlying damp problem.
To prevent mould mites, it is important to address the underlying moisture problem and keep the affected area clean and dry. This may involve repairing leaks, improving ventilation, or using a dehumidifier to reduce humidity levels.