It’s advised by the NHS that you should only remove mould if it’s caused by condensation and the affected area is less than 1 meter squared. If you want to tackle the mould before contacting mould removal specialists, we recommend the following steps:
- Solution: Buy specialist mould removal products or make your own solution of bleach (1 part) and water (3 parts).
- Clean: Wipe, don’t brush, the affected area. This prevents mould spores from releasing.
- Rinse: Clean away the mould-removing solution and rinse.
- Dry: Use a dry towel or cloth to wipe the area after cleaning, removing all moisture.
- Reapplication: If signs of mould remain, apply more of the cleaning solution and leave to work for 5-10 minutes before cleaning away again.
Although following those 5 steps should allow you to treat mould on walls efficiently, the duration is not guaranteed.
The experts at Prokil will make your life easier by determining the cause of mould and give you the best advice for getting rid of it for good!
Prokil is around your corner! Book your survey with your nearest Prokil branch in just few clicks.