Mould Removal Treatments
Damp and condensation are often caused by excess moisture and when this is present on the walls of a property then mould can form. If mould removal isn’t attempted or isn’t sufficiently completed, mould can cause serious damage to home furnishings, possessions and even to the building.
Prokil mould specialists have over 50 years of experience treating mould, including black mould removal. We provide expert advice, outstanding service and an effective mould treatment.
Book your free mould survey today or call 01202 515 566 to arrange a survey with one of our mould experts.
What causes mould?
Mould arises when there is a lack of adequate heating and effective ventilation. Black or green spots will appear within woodwork or on the walls of your property. Mould can form both behind and inside furniture.
If a property has high levels of moisture this can lead to an onset of woodworm and issues such as wet or dry rot, so it’s essential that if mould is identified that the cause of it is cleared quickly to prevent further damage.
What are the signs of mould?
The good news is that mould is easy to spot! Unfortunately, it’s not always easy to establish the extent of the damage caused by the mould. We recommend that you arrange for a mould removal company to review your mould.
Signs of mould:
- Black spots clustered together
- GreenGreen patches on walls or shoes
- Wet patches on the ceiling, wall or floor
- A musty, unfriendly smell in rooms or cupboards
- Water droplets on the inside of windows
The first thing we do is to ensure that your property is ventilated and heated correctly; this includes having appropriate extractor fans fitted and windows with openings. From our experience, in the winter, both tenants and home owners do not know how to look after their property properly. The heating will have been used intermittently and the windows opened at the wrong times (if at all). This often leads to a proliferation of mould and damp in properties.
Mould prevention from Prokil:
- Passive Air Vents (PAVs) – These are one solution that our mould specialists may recommend. PAVs work by allowing excess moisture to dissipate through them whilst the specialist filter prevents cold air from entering your property. No electricity is required, and these operate 24-hours a day.
- Positive Pressure Ventilation System (PPVS) – This is our second mould prevention solution. A PPVS ensures the air in the home is both filtered and heated. This works by helping to decrease stale air and humidity levels by increasing the pressure within the property.