Have you noticed damp or mould in your property? Damp is often the cause of unwanted moisture and can cause a range of problems, from mould formation to damaging paint and plasterwork through to more serious structural issues. If you have damp and mould in your home, you are also more likely to be affected by preventable respiratory health problems.
Damp proofing methods and ventilation systems from Prokil can help treat the three most common types of damp; rising damp, penetrating damp and condensation.
Rising damp can occur when a Damp Proof Course (DPC) is missing from the property or is bridged by raised ground levels or blocked cavities. This allows groundwater to rise up through porous mortar joints.
Penetrating damp usually occurs due to external defects in the structure of the property or by poor general maintenance. More common in solid wall properties, penetrating damp can cause significant damage.
Condensation is usually caused due to a lack of ventilation and poor heating management. Excess moisture lingering in the air will always condense at the coldest part of the room (usually outside walls and windows); this condensed moisture then creates the perfect environment for mould to grow.
If your property has signs of damp or mould, choose effective damp proofing treatments from Prokil. We are the leading damp proofing specialists across the UK with over 50 years of experience.
Prokil’s Damp Proofing Process
- During our free damp survey, our qualified surveyors will carry out a full inspection of the property to detect if you have damp.
- Our team of experts will then determine the type of damp and create a tailored damp proofing treatment
- We carry out our damp proofing remedial work in accordance with current codes of practice and conjunction with BS6576:2005 to ensure the highest standards are maintained.
- Remedial rising damp work can include the removal of the existing contaminated plaster, the treatment of the substrate, applying specialist renders and finishing with a multi finish plaster.
- Condensation related issues can be remedied by the installation of ventilation control systems including passive air vents and positive pressure systems. However as with all our surveys we offer advice on lifestyle changes which will also help.
- When we finish damp proofing, we will leave the property safe, clean and tidy.
- We offer our customers the 20 year Prokil guarantee to ensure your damp treatment is free of issues for years to come.
If you have any concerns about damp or mould in your home, contact Prokil today for a free damp survey. To find out more about our damp treatment, get in contact with our friendly team of damp specialists. Find your local Prokil damp specialist – we treat damp in Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Salisbury, Dorchester, Southampton, Salisbury, Reading, Brighton, London, Crawley and Guildford.
Click here for a SURVEY
Prokil is an experienced Damp and Timber Preservation company covering the South of England.
Damp Proofing Clients Say…
"My company recently relocated to a larger building due to expansion. However, after a short time we suspected we might have a damp problem due to a musty damp smell. We contacted Prokil who attended our offices the next day and confirmed our worst fears. Prokil provided us with a competitive quote which we were happy to accept and the works were carried out within the week. I would recommend Prokil any time. Many thanks,"
Mr J - Damp-Proofing - Poole, Dorset
"We have been extremely impressed with the team who carried out the work. They were punctual and arrived in good time for us to get to work, and explained what they were doing at each stage. We felt happy to leave them with the key to lock up if they left before we got home. They were meticulously clean and tidy, even to the point of rinsing their coffee cups at the end of the day! Please pass on our thanks to them all. We have had very prompt and professional service from you all at Prokil, and will be happy to recommend your company to others. Best wishes"
Mr & Mrs Simonis - Damp - Brighton
Your Route to Building a Successful Business... Find Out More